Keeping the Faith
Neither do I.
But whoever he may be, he came on in relief against the Cardinals this afternoon after Daisuke Matsuzaka coughed up four runs in the first inning and loaded the bases in the second.
Naturally, inquiring minds want to know more about the (apparently) young Mr. Smith. Here's what my exhaustive internet search turned up:
The only other thing I can tell you is that since giving up a grand slam this afternoon (the runners on base were charged to Matsuzaka), he has pitched three scoreless inning.
The Producers of the “Joy of Sox” film are producing a documentary on the Boston Red Sox and spirituality – www.thejoyofsoxmovie.com . They will be filming Red Sox fan stories in Hopkinton in a couple of weeks. They are looking for Red Sox fans who have quirky or spiritual stories about the Sox. In particular, they’re looking for fans to:
- Tell them what you do that you believe helps the Red Sox win
- Tell them why you think your prayers helped to win the World Series
- Tell them what you think you did to jinx a win
- Describe your most amazing Red Sox coincidence
- Confide your most embarrassing Red Sox superstition (wear the same socks or shirt for every game, eat only certain foods if the Sox are ahead, rally caps, etc.)
- Tell them if you believe you can affect the outcome of a game or the season
- Tell them if you believe that fans can affect a player or a game through praying, wishing, hoping, or willing
To be considered, fans need to forward a photo/headshot to email@example.com and tell us why we should include you in the film. If chosen, they will contact you with a time and location.
Just when you think Roger Clemens can't possibly become a bigger joke than he already is, we learn that the Rocket used Viagra as a performance-enhancing drug:
Clemens got the pills -- which are not banned by Major League Baseball -- from a teammate and kept them in a GNC vitamin bottle in his locker, according to an anonymous source cited by the newspaper. He also reportedly told a friend that the drug made him feel flushed and made his heart race.
I can think of something else it might have done. Suddenly, I feel the need to take a shower.